After today’s sad events at the Boston Marathon, I thought I’d pay tribute to one of my favorite American cities and send my prayers to those affected by this horror by blogging about Boston. I’ve done the traditional (cheesy?) tourist activities of walking the red brick line of the Freedom Trail and enjoying a quacktastic Boston Duck Tour. Here are my other quick suggestions of fun in the Cradle of Liberty:
- Attend Samuel Adam’s annual Oktoberfest: bier, gartens, and fabulous oompa music! What’s not to like about German food in Massachusetts?
- Spend a random weekday afternoon in the Boston Common and visit the famous “Make Way for Ducklings” statues.
- Buy a lobster hat near the Boston Harbor. Wear it. Pronounce it “lobstah.” Be awesome.
- Eat a cannoli at Caffe Vittoria in the North End after a fabulous Italian feast at Strega.
- Sing “Sweet Caroline” during a Red Sox game. Take a picture on the Green Monstah. Eat a hot dog or eight.
- Visit the Massachusetts State House with its beautiful gold dome and history-o-rama.
Sending #PrayersForBoston tonight.