Travel + Leisure recently debuted its annual list of the world’s best hotels, and I scoured the list of the top 100 to see if I had stayed at any of these top ranked properties. The travel Twitterverse was abuzz with all of this news, and it made me think of some of my favorite stays. From overlooking the tallest building in the world to my favorite New York City boutique hotel, I’ve had the opportunity to have stayed at some incredible places. Here are my top five hotels:
- JW Marriott Phuket: right on the water, this incredible property is stunningly gorgeous, has an incredible staff, and is the perfect place to get away from it all.
- The Palmer House: my absolute favorite place to stay in Chicago, this now Hilton property was rebuilt several times during its history. The lobby ceilings are absolutely exquisite!
- The Address: one can see the tallest building in the world, as well as walk to the Mall of Dubai, from this elegant urban hotel.
- On the Avenue: a darling boutique hotel in the heart of Manhattan (which is currently being transformed into a NYLO property), On the Ave is located on Broadway and West 77th.
- A three-way tie: as I’m hoping that one of the places that I’m going to stay during my upcoming vacation makes my top 5 list. In Athens, we will be within walking distance of the Acropolis at the King George. Kontokali Bay Resort and Spa will be our home away from home in the Ionian Island town of Corfu, and the Hilton Imperial will welcome us within the historic city walls of Dubrovnik.
What hotels did I–or the experienced team at T&L–miss? What hotels or resorts would make your list?