Since I began my blog earlier this year, the most popular post has been “How to Fit It All In (Part I).” I recently was on a two and a half week vacation/business trip to Europe, and I used my packing strategy–including using my Ogio backback and my Samsonite Suite-case–to prevent having to check a bag. You can see exactly what I packed in the infographic below.
Some other tips:
- Always wear your bulkiest clothes/shoes on the flight; on this trip, I wore my workout clothes and tennis shoes on the plane.
- Invest in SpaceBags. I use three on each trip, and they are incredible. Usually, I place my clothes in the larger bag, zip it, place on the floor, and use my knees to remove the air from the bag. Fold it in half and repeat.
- Buy a sturdy liquids bag and keep filled with travel sized containers, ready to go at a moment’s notice.
- Pick a color of shoes/accessories and stick with it. For example, I only pack black shoes, belts, handbags, etc., and I make sure all of my outfits work with them.
- Do you really need to pack heels for Europe? I tossed in my wedge sandals at the last minute and did not wear them once.
Hope this entry has been helpful. I’d love to know…how do YOU fit it all in?